The last month has been stressful for pretty much everyone, right? Whatever may be happening in your neck of the woods, there are several ways we can all take a breather and relax, without spending much time or money.
Some of our favorite ways to relax this month include:
- Yoga and breathing exercises: This is great for stress relief, with amazing health and fitness benefits. So, breathe in, breathe out, it’ll be okay.
- Exercise: I love to run and go to barre classes, but whatever you like, get your fitness on…it relieves stress and helps you look and feel great. Bonus points if you can exercise outdoors for a boost of vitamin D.
- Use up expiring food: If it’s going to go bad anyways and you won’t have time to eat it, use it on your hair, face, body (things like yogurt, bananas, coffee grounds, lemons, avocado, honey are ideal). They make amazing masks and self-care products, without having to spend any extra money.
- Have a date night: Whether you go out for a date night with a special someone, or just spend a quality night on your own as a form of self-love, it will help relieve stress. Bonus points if you ask family or friends to take the kids for a day so you can fully relax.
- Love your animals more: Pets have such amazing health and wellness benefits. If you don’t have a pet, visit a park or take on a side gig as a dog walker or pet sitter. I also saw a lot of fit people working at the Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago who looked like they were loving life…relaxing job, maybe? You can even take horseback riding or fitness classes with animals now (like cat yoga and goat yoga), so there are endless ways to spend more time with animals.
- Get a calming box: I have found that calming monthly subscription boxes – like yoga boxes and time-of-the-month boxes – really keep me calm and grounded. And they make the months fly by! Before you know it, you have a new box. My most recent BuddhiBox was literally all devoted to staying calm and sleeping better, and it was exactly what we needed.
Click here for more unique ways to beat stress! What are some of your favorite ways to relax during this stressful time of year?