We received a Petcube camera so that we can spy on our cats while we’re away and it happens to be a great toy for our cats as well.
- The next generation of the award-winning Petcube Camera, Petcube Play lets you watch, talk to, and play with your pet from anywhere in the world right from your smartphone. With this interactive Wi-Fi pet camera, You and your pet will never be apart.
- Real-time 1080p HD video with a 138 degree wide-angle view, night vision, and 3x digital zoom.
- Easy setup via the free Petcube app for iOS and Android. No monthly fees required, and includes a 30-day free trial of Petcube Care cloud video recording service with 10 day history. Camera requires stable internet connection at home and on mobile device
- Two-way audio to talk to and hear your pet. Sound and motion notification alerts for pet and home security.
- Built-in laser toy controlled from your phone, or set to autoplay mode to regularly play and exercise your pet.
- Share access with friends and family, and capture video and photos clips.
Size comparison with our other pet camera
The app is super easy to use
A couple of the screens
The girls are obsessed with the laser pointer…it was fun watching them play
I first wrote about this pet camera for Wise Bread after scouring through endless pet cameras for the absolute best five pet cameras. And this camera was one of those top choices. Here’s what I had to say about it:
The Petcube Camera will allow you to see and chat with your pet using two-way audio. The high-quality interactive WiFi camera features a 138-degree wide-angle lens and motion- and sound-detection capabilities. You can also capture and share photos and video clips. The compact camera features a sleek, elegant design with brushed aluminum and curved corners. The built-in laser toy allows you to play with your pet anytime, or you can set the autoplay mode for extra playtime. You can even share access with family and friends, in case you don’t have time to check on your pet while you’re away.
If you sign up for a subscription, you can review up to 30 days of video history (a free month trial is included). This was crowdfunded on Kickstarter and is easy to use. It has great online reviews and is recommended by Safewise, Heavy, and Safety.com.
Now for my personal thoughts after trying it…This is the perfect camera to spy on your pets, but you can also use it to monitor your home or kids while you’re away.
Once you download the Petcube app, the hard part is pretty much done. You sync the app and device in a few minutes and you’re done.
My favorite thing is the built-in laser toy. My cats love laser pointers, so this is so fun for all of us. It also makes them more inclined to stay in the room, so you can monitor them more often.
It has 2-way audio, so you can talk or hear through the camera. You can turn on sound and motion notifications so you know when your pet is moving in front of the camera. This is also helpful when you are away from home.
You can play with shared cameras through the app, if you want to engage with other pets for whatever reason. You can also engage with their community if you want to share photos, videos, or tips with other pet lovers.
This was a godsend when we were in Chicago. Matt and I get nervous about leaving our pets at home alone when we are on vacation, so a pet camera is an essential for us. The best thing about this camera is we not only feel better about seeing them, but we can even talk to them and play with them with a laser pointer when we are away.
There were problems though…
The one downside though is sometimes, the connection isn’t very strong. I contacted customer support and they tried really hard to help me fix it, but in the end, they just had to send a replacement camera out, which had way less issues. There were still times when the connection wasn’t strong or the laser pointer didn’t react to our movements very quickly. This worried me that it might not work when we were away on vacation, but other than a couple of quick hiccups, it worked well and we were happy to have an extra eye on our babies.
All in all, this is a big step up from our pervious pet camera and we’re all excited to have it.
I received these products complimentary for testing purposes. All opinions are my own. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.