I recently had a chance to try the Oxi Clean Splot carpet stain remover. I was excited to try it as I really like Oxi Clean and had heard of this before. Unfortunately, I have mixed feelings on it.
- Deep cleans carpets, right down to the padding
- OxiClean Splot lifts and removes carpet stains
- Always ready to use – no batteries, no charging, no plugs
- Eliminates pet stains and odors
How to use
- Pre–treat stain with OxiClean Carpet & Area Rug Stain Remover
- Open blue lid marked “IN” and fill with clean water (approx. 8oz)
- Place OxiClean Splot over stain + pump until clean water tank is empty
- Watch was OxiClean Splot pulls the dirty liquid out of your carpet
Twitch was extremely interested
It left a wet mess, no matter how much I pumped
It does clean the carpet though, obviously
This is supposed to be really easy to use. I watched a couple of videos on it beforehand just to make sure I did it right. It doesn’t use batteries or anything like that. It’s just manual power. It’s not necessarily hard to pump the Splot, but you have to do it so much that it ends up exercising your arms.
I have to pump like 50 times minimum before it starts pulling up dirty water. So, on the plus side, it’s a crazy intense arm workout 😛 Once it starts pulling up the water, you can see dirty water or the source of the stain (like red for wine). I found that it didn’t completely clean the stains I tried it on though. Maybe I need to let the spray set a little longer?
After using this, the areas would be a bit wet after. You can tell because the Splot will soak up way less water than it deposited. You can use a towel to absorb the excess moisture. It includes a small bottle of OxiClean Carpet & Area Rug Stain Remover Spray, so you can start cleaning right away. It was fun to try out, but I don’t think I would pick this over my usual carpet stain remover.
Have you guys tried this? What’d you think?
I received these products complimentary for testing purposes. All opinions are my own. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.